Jackpot - €10,000 NO WINNER
Numbers Drawn - 4, 12, 23, 25
The weekly winners of €30 were
• Martina McGrath, Sliabh Bawn View.
• Mercedes Lyons. C/o K. Collins.
• Patsy & Joan, C/o N Comiskey.
• Margaret McHugh, C/o Hospital.
Thanks to everyone who bought and sold tickets your support is very much appreciated.
Well done to Monday’s joint card winners Noel Mcdermott and Colin Kilcline. Cards continue Monday evenings at 8.30pm in the Hyde Centre.
Just a quick reminder that our annual Registrations are now due. All Registrations must be paid by 8th of February 2019.
Here’s some important facts which you may or may not be aware of regarding Registrations:
• If you’re a player, part of your Registration goes towards registration fees with the GAA. All players must be registered with the GAA to take part in competitions.
• The fee also covers insurance for players; it’s very important that all players are covered should any injuries occur.
• This also means that if a player is not paid up once competition starts we simply will not be permitted to play them.
• The easiest way is to pay at Club Registration Night on 8th February,
• Did you know: Some health plans offer cash-back for joining sports clubs ? Handy to know. For example, Irish Life Health offer €30 per child who joins. Not massive, but not to be sniffed at either. Also; you may be able to claim last year so if you have private health care, check your benefits statement to see if it’s worth a claim. They usually have a simple “submit your receipt” service so worth a look!
Your Club is absolutely reliant on all members paying their Registration Fees.
Almost the entire amount raised through membership fees is used to pay affiliation and registration fees and the cost of the GAA insurance/players benefit scheme.
Players will not be registered or insured until payment has been made.
Annual Subscriptions 2019:
Family - 2 children U18 €135
Family - 3 or more children U18 €155
Family - 1 child U18 €85
Academy Player €30
Student (Over 18) €70
Student – Over 18, where family are
already paying family membership €55
Single Child €65
Adult player €75
Non playing Adult €55 .
Spread the word.
To speed up registration members can log onto www.roscommongaels.ie go to about on the menu a dropbox will appear and go into documents and print of your own document and fill it up and bring it along to registration night.
The mass for deceased members and friends of Roscommon Gaels Club was held this morning in the Sacred Heart Church. A good crowd turned up to remember and pray for all those who gave so much to the club and to their community and now are sadly no longer with us. A general thanks to all who helped in any way , our participants in the mass and especially the congregation who attended the mass, you all helped to make it a wonderful occasion. What better way to celebrate than to simply remember.
There will be an EGM of the Roscommon Ladies Football on Thursday 31st of January at 8.30pm in The Hyde Centre. We will be electing managers for U8’s, U12’s, U16’s and Junior. Your attendance is important.
Thank you to all those who contributed this weekend at the the Church Gate Collections for the Roscommon Ladies Football. Thanks to those who stood at the collection in the freezing cold and to the people of Roscommon Parish for their ongoing support for the Roscommon Ladies Football. It is very much appreciated.
Congratulations to Marie McAleer, Secretary of Roscommon Ladies Football and a Roscommon Gaels member who is being awarded the first ever hall of fame award for Connacht at a function in Claremorris on Saturday 9th of February. Well done Marie.
Well done to the Roscommon Hurlers today who defeated Louth especially our two Gaels men Georoid and Cillian Egan.
Roscommon 3 -18 Louth 1-11. Next week double header v Monaghan in Dr Hyde Park.
Pictured are some of our Roscommon Gaels lads who were on the County U14 panel last year who attended a training session with Galway Hurler Cathal Mannion Yesterday