UPDATE - Suspension of all club activities 1st October
Further to a thorough risk assessment by the HSE regarding the positive covid 19 result of one of our club players, they have notified us that we are free to resume club activities with immediate effect.
That said, we are very aware of the rising number of cases in our local community and we may well have to suspend activities again over the coming days if further cases within our club are notified.
We commend our club player for coming forward so quickly and we wish them a speedy recovery to full health. We also want to acknowledge their team management who had handled their team affairs in compliance with public health and return to play guidelines in the run up to the test result. It is important to follow the guidelines thoroughly to reduce the chances of transmission and to that end many thanks to all our coaches, players, officers and members who have done this so well to date.
Thanks also to the HSE, our club Covid 19 response committee and all our team covid officers for their work in implementing the guidelines in Roscommon Gaels since we returned to playing Gaelic games.
We are appealing to everyone to please, please make every effort to follow the public health and return to play guidelines.
Covid 19 remains a threat to us all and we must remain ever vigilant to help protect everyone, including the vulnerable, in our community.
Suspension of all club activities
We wish to advise all Club Members that the Club has been informed that a playing member has tested Positive for Covid 19.
In light of this fact, as a precautionary measure, the Club has decided to suspend all club activities with immediate effect until further guidance/instruction is received from the Department of Health.
The Club Covid Officer has been in contact with both the HSE and GAA/Camogie Association/LGFA and is awaiting further instruction.
The HSE Contact Tracing team will be in contact with those deemed as “Close Contacts” of the positive case.
We are following all necessary guidelines and precautions to ensure the safety of all our members.
We strongly advise that all members remain vigilant and continue to follow all guidelines so we may return to playing our games again as soon as possible.
We will continue to follow all procedures and we will update you again of any further detail.
The Club also wishes to extend our support and thoughts to our club member, their family and also team mates, during this difficult time.
The Win A Subaru Fundraiser crossed the finish line on Saturday evening in Hannon’s Hotel at approximately 7.30p.m. Much to the disappointment of the Subaru Team the planned event which was to take place to celebrate the end to the campaign had to be paired back as a result of Covid Restrictions and only 6 people could be present in the room when the draw took place. The draw was live streamed on the Clubs Facebook Page where at one stage there was an audience of over 335...........